Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So Many Changes...

Things have changed so much since my last post. I know we had a great plan for me to quit my job, but we have tossed out that plan and decided to have faith that was the path for us. My business has really taken off. I was selling dresses so quickly I couldn't keep up & had to stop taking orders because I was nearly 2 weeks out. I was making more in a day a half of sewing on the weekends than I was bringing home after taxes and daycare at my full time job.  I had a list of customers on a wait list, and it was growing! My husband and I had a serious conversation about my job & we decided at this point there was NO reason for me to continue to work. Today I went in & put in my 2 weeks notice. It was a tough decision and it was very hard for me. I love the kids I work with every day. In a normal week I spend more time with them than I do my OWN kids, and I would miss them like crazy. When I went in prepared to quit, my school and I were able to work out a deal. Starting April 22nd & until the end of June, I will go down to working part time. I will work from 8am-noon everyday and I will leave permanently in June. This ended up working out to be really great because I would be home to get my son off of the school bus so we don't have to pay his daycare anymore, plus the girls daycare would be WAY less since they would drop down to half time instead of full time. I would also leave work with the girls at noon and take them home to eat lunch, they nap right after lunch, so I can sew in the afternoons for a couple of hours. My son will get off the bus right by our house & he can play until the girls get up from their nap while I work. It will save a ton of time in the morning when I normally pack my lunch & the girl's lunches as well as their nap mats and all that stuff. It will also give me time to transition the students I am working with to a new teacher, as well as transition my girls to being home more often. Over all it is really the best of all 3 worlds,being a Mommy, a business owner & a very rewarding job. If you go like my page (there is a widget in the top right corner) & see something you like, Please PM me & let me know you came from the blog!