Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Snow cones...

Today we ventured to our neighborhood snow cone stand & enjoyed our first snow cones of the season. This is such a treat for our kids & we enjoy it also. I also went & met with the principal at my sons school. He is a high energy child & they have been having trouble controlling his energy in a positive way. At this point I was resolving myself to the fact he would homeschool next year. After our meeting I feel much better about next school year. We agreed I would send him back next year do 6 weeks as a trial. She would put him with her most experienced 2nd grade teacher & they would test for their gifted and talented program. My thoughts are he's already the youngest in his class. But academically he is advanced. He just may not be advanced quite enough to succeed in that program, though tradition work is boring for him. We are going to go into the school year with positive hopes & see how it goes, what can it hurt?

No comments: