Saturday, April 27, 2013

Part Time, Full Time

So this was my first week working part time. It went really well. Our whole family has been really sick. It started with poor Tuck, he was back & forth to the hospital with 104+ fever. Then it spread to everyone else over the next week and a half. As soon as everyone returned to school & work, Everly got a stomach virus. Then over 2 days everyone caught it. It was brutal. A week later were all still trying to recover fully. This is the first time we've ever had a wave of sickness come through the family and it was really tough on our work schedules. I've been making a concentrated effort to make sure I'm keeping a good work / home balance when I'm working from home. I'm the type of person where it's very easy for me to work on weekends or in the evenings. For now I've set aside Saturdays & Sundays for not working except to answer emails & messages, NO sewing! I also want to say I wrote this from the Blogger App on my iPhone. I didn't realize they had an app until today, and the reason I don't blog more often is because I live on my phone, not my computer. Hopefully now I can blog a little more often & easily. I did venture to the Disney outlet today & it went fine. Minus the fact that shortly after we got there it started to rain & all of Houston flooded, of course while I'm 40 miles from home. We made it home with no issue though, thank goodness! In other exciting news the girls's new birth certificates came in today. Some of you may be curious how they look! Basically they wipe the original record & put me & my husband on the new birth certificate. Neither our son's or the girl's came with their weights etc which is kinda sad. But, this is really the point where you realize it's all over & we're their "real" parents!