Monday, April 29, 2013

When There Aren't Words...

   There aren't words sometimes to have to explain loss. Sometimes there are moments when you can't say the right thing, and so you just shouldn't even try. I have been reading a blog many of you may already be familiar with. Its written by Kate Leong called Chasing Rainbows (www.kateleong.com). I'm not going to ruin it for you but for many of you following my blog, this could be a good read. I know MANY of you have probably struggled with infertility and loss. I cried the hardest I have in a VERY long time reading her blog recently (I would recommend you start reading from at LEAST last year). I am humbled by her. I am in awe of her strength, her humility in loss and her overwhelming and consuming grace. Its really easy to feel sorry for myself or how our lives are dictated by paperwork to have a child. How a complete stranger can decide whether we become parents again. Our home is a revolving door for case workers, inspectors and countless people "judging" us and whether we're good enough.  No, I didn't get pregnant easily, have beautiful healthy babies that look like me & my husband & live happily ever after. But damn, I have ALOT. I have three beautiful healthy & thriving children. I still have my hopes and dreams for them, their future's and the possibilities this world holds for them are endless. I can't give them everything that many people probably can, but I gave them a chance. Reading her blog today it made me realize, no matter how hard they work, some mothers can't give their children a chance. A chance to fight, to grow, to thrive, to live. Today I took my kids to the park and looked at them playing a little differently. I stared a little longer and cherished their laughter in the warmth of today's beautiful sun more than ever. I didn't work from home, I didn't sew, I just didn't. So, with that I would like to share her post on loss. She says it better than I EVER could, I hope you guys enjoy it. http://www.kateleong.com/2012/10/on-loss.html#.UX8wY8rL7Mo. Also the photo above is an adorable sign I ordered today from Zulily, which is an awesome website for close outs, here's a link www.zulily.com/invite/canderson441 .