Friday, May 3, 2013

Dairy Free & New Sewing Machine!

We recently realized that Lyla was having trouble digesting dairy. As an infant she was on soy formula but transitioned to cows mill with no issues. I noticed a few weeks ago she was having grainy or sandy bowels. I read it was likely a sensitivity to either dairy or wheat. With her past I figured it was the dairy. We switched her to soy & eliminated dairy & for 2 weeks she was fine. So we tested her with whole milk & within a day or so the grainy bowels were back. We immediately went back to all soy. Well, last night remember I said we took the kids for ice cream? Yea, she had grainy poop again, soooo we're positive it's the dairy. I've been having trouble finding yogurt except at Kroger, but it didn't taste the same & it was VERY expensive. Tonight I was SO happy to find lactose free Yoplait yogurt at HEB! It was such a great price & she was in love, it was really delicious. I also found out today that my brand new sewing machine is having timing issues. Since I'm still within the time frame to return it, I'm going to! I've decided to just buy a serger. They are faster, more professional & I can sew knit. I haven't made scrappy UpCycles before but they're very popular & I would love to learn.

No comments: