Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ten Years!

      Today me & my wonderful husband have been married for 10 years! It is so hard to believe how fast 10 years has gone by. It seems like yesterday we were 20 & 21 getting married. Looking back I don't think either of us realized how much work it would be. But, I do think we both were willing to do ANYTHING it took to make it work & that's the reason we got married. We had realistic expectations of each other and our marriage. We basically grew up together and it hasn't always been easy. We fight & bicker like you can't believe. If you know us in real life maybe you CAN believe it, because chances are you have seen it. We don't hold a grudge against each other & we always just fight it out right where we are! We usually get over it in about 10 minutes and feel much better. I don't want to be one of those couples that acts all perfect and fake all the time. I think those people are headed for trouble. How exhausting must it be to always feel the need to put on a perfect front! I want our kids to see us have a real marriage, with real fights, real bumps and real LOVE. I want them to see it is work, but it is worth it. I don't want any of my kids to go into marriage thinking its just a fairy tale & a wedding. I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without Chris. He has always believed in me and my dreams. He always supports my crazy ideas & dreams and trusts me (stayed tuned for more on the NEWEST adventure I am dragging him into). Even when we have failed he has always been there to pick me back up and help me keep going without throwing it in my face. Everything I lack as a parent he is. I'm tough and strict, he's soft and playful. I'm a planner and a control freak, he is free spirited and doesn't care if I plan everything down to the last detail! I'm messy and a horrible cleaner, he can put on headphones and clean the house in an hour. He is such an amazing father to our kids and I could never ask for more. He will usually get out of bed at night when they cry before I can wake up. He changes diapers, kisses owies and wipes noses better than most mothers. He can juggle 3 kids at a doctors office, make lunches while doing hair, and cook dinner while doing laundry without blinking. He starts the coffee pot for me in the morning even if he has been up and down all night with one of the kids. He still makes me laugh until I sound like a truck driver and always knows how to make smile and how to piss me off! Its been a roller coaster, but has been so worth it!