Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years, New Adventures!

I am really excited for this new year! Every single wish we had for 2012 came true! Just 3 weeks into the year we were matched with our daughters, and less than 2 weeks before it ended we finalized their adoptions! I'm not sure you can really ask for more! We spent a quiet night at home with the kids last night & just enjoyed our little family. I thought I would share a couple videos, the first one Delilah had found a cake on the dining room table & decided to help herself to it by pulling it off onto the floor & eating it.
Daddy got her & cleaned her up. I guess my scolding wasn't enough, because 5 minutes later I look over to find her sitting on TOP of the table helping herself to some cupcakes. My favorite part is how when Daddy asks her if she really wanted them, she babbles, points to them, then nods "yes"!
This week the bigger 2 kids started gymnastics. Tuck took gymnastics before for over 2 years. He stopped taking classes because he was bored in the small section & isn't allowed on the main gym floor until he was 6. Though he turned 6 this summer, Everly wanted to take a class also, and the only class they have at the same time as Tucks class was for 3 year olds. So I waited until she was 3 so her & Tuck could take class at the same time, our schedule is just so crazy getting 2 kids to class at 2 seperate times just wasn't possible. Tuck really enjoyed being on the BIG floor & he did really well. Everly LOVED her class also. She has the little gymnast build and can be very fearless about things like that.
In other news Everly's 3rd birthday is this week & we are having a party on Sunday. She asked for a Lalaloopsy party & I happily obliged. I have a feeling she hasn't had a birthday party before, her first birthday she was in her biological families home & I seriously doubt they did that for her. Last year she was in a previous foster home. Her birthday was 2 weeks before they disrupted due to divorce & when I got the few photos they had from her time there, her Birthday wasn't in any of the photos. So to say we went a little over the top is an understatement! I've spent my whole Christmas break from work making decorations, favors, her skirt, her headband ordering & organizing! I want her to really enjoy herself & remember this Birthday! I will do a blog post full of photos etc of the party! Last year I had a resolution to purge the negative people from my life for good & I feel that I was able to achieve that. Negative & judgmental people are like the bad apple in the bunch, it spoils everyone! I've realized some people can't be happy for others because they aren't happy with themselves. I hope for this reason I teach my kids to be happy with who they are & what they are & to appreciate those things in others. I hope everyone has a blessed year for 2013. I am excited to see what this year has in store for our family!