Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Times!

I recently bought us a family membership to the zoo. The kids love to go, we can use it during the spring before the water park opens and best of all, you can bring in FOOD! I hate places (like the water park) that don't allow you to bring in food or drinks. The food they serve is pure slop and I don't like feeding it to my kids. The food is also usually CRAZY overpriced also. We took the girls to the zoo the week after we brought them home, the baby was too young to enjoy it & to be honest I think Everly was still in a trance. She didn't really enjoy herself. This time all three of them had SO much fun. We got there before lunch and saw a few exhibits then we grabbed a picnic table and had lunch outside. The weather was really beautiful and it was a great way to spend a Sunday!
We also had a VERY unpleasant experience with my sons school this week. I won't list it by name, even though I would LOVE to, for his privacy. My son gets picked up by his daycare everyday except Mondays, when the school bus brings him home because my husband is off on Monday. Well when the daycare got there to pick him up on Tuesday it appears they had accidentally sent him home on the school bus, to come to our home, which was EMPTY since we were at work. To make it even worse the school NEVER caught their mistake. The daycare worker asked where Tuck was & the teacher told her that he took the bus home, not to worry. The daycare worker told her we hadn't called the daycare, he should be there & the teacher told her " Tuck rides the school bus home on Mondays", that's when the daycare employee informed her it was TUESDAY. By that point he was already almost home. The teacher called to tell my husband, "oh are you home, I put Tucker on the bus". We were both at work over 30 minutes away, thank God my husband was able to get a hold of a neighbor who went outside & got him until we could get there. The scary part isn't the mistake, its the fact that had the daycare not pressed & questioned where he was, the school wouldn't have caught their mistake & called us. Our son would have been locked outside alone for 3-4 hours. I wouldn't have known until I got to his daycare to pick him up! Can you imagine the feeling of a daycare telling you your child isn't there, the school is already closed by that point, so we would have been out searching for him. The bus stop is a block away, and one house over is a registered sex offender. Before you say it, YES they can live that close to a bus stop as long as they aren't on probation or "high risk". It was terrifying and I was LIVID. I was at the school the next morning when they opened. Turns out his teacher didn't even tell the principal or report her mistake. That made me even more upset. It is basically a parents worst nightmare. I will also be filing a complaint with the school district as well. We have talked with him about what to do should this ever happen again and have put safeguards in place as well, to ensure he be safe!