Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The New Normal....

   So we are just a few days away from Thanksgiving, and it will officially be the start of our first Holiday season with our girls! This time of year will be special because we are finalizing our daughters' adoptions, but also because it was the same time of year we brought our son home. Our son came home the weekend before Thanksgiving 4 years ago. He will always hold a most special place in my heart. He was my first baby, my oldest, my son, the one who made me a Mommy my husband a Daddy, and he made us a family. He will forever be my little ladies' big brother. He will be the one to protect them, the one to show them how to get their way with us and the one to watch over them hopefully long after we're gone. He will be the first of my kids to learn to drive, and the first to go to college. I can't imagine any other child having been my oldest baby but him. Out of all the families out there I can't believe he came to us. He spoke only Spanish & we didn't speak any! He was used to having lots of siblings, and he wouldn't have any. A million little miracles brought us together all those years ago. I don't know how, or why, I just know it was perfect. A few weeks ago we went to a ranch by our house & the older kids did the zip line. Tuck was afraid so Sissy went first, she's fearless! After she went, he couldn't be shown up, so he went! The kids had lots of fun feeding the animals and playing on the ranch. Also my favorite holiday is coming up, no, not Thanksgiving, Black Friday. No, I don't go to wal-mart. The way they handle Black Friday is dangerous & ridiculous. I refuse to give them a penny of my business. I always go to Toys'R'Us. They regulate the line in & out and always have PLENTY of the advertised items. They also hand out coupons for all the big ticket items. They start at the beginning of the line & ask if you want that item, if so you get a coupon, if not they go to the next person, and when they run out of coupons, that's it. There is no fighting. The worst part is just waiting in the lines. But we have 3 kids to shop for now, plus my niece & my nephew. We usually save about 60-70% on the items we buy that day, so its worth the few hours of waiting outside. I'll do a little post with some photos of the madness out there!