Monday, November 24, 2014

Halloween, Disney & Other Things.....

Halloween!! This is my favorite holiday, with the exception of Christmas. I love the spooky decorations, the costumes, just ALLL of it! Last year I made Delilah's costume, but this year all 3 wore store bought. I know. If it is any consolation I did alter the girl's dresses, a BUNCH. We went out to my Mom's & our kids went trick or treating with my niece & nephew. Our kids are cousins & we try really hard to get them together & let them grow up together as much as possible. A couple of weekends ago we also had my mom keep the kids overnight, for the first time EVER. Chris & I enjoyed it by spending the evening at an amazing sushi dinner. Sunday morning we had brunch & went shopping all alone. I know shopping at the mall may not seem like a huge "Date" to some people, but for us it IS. We never shop at the mall, just the 2 of us. In other news last weekend we took the kids to see Disney On Ice. I made the girls outfits & we made Tuck a shirt too. They LOVED it & the show was amazing as always! On the adoption front, we are still in the slow process of matching. Things usually slow waaaaay down this time of year. They hate to move kids from their foster homes this time of year & so many people take vacations too, so placements stay put a lot unless its unavoidable. We went into it this time knowing it could be a VERY long wait. The more people in your family, the more obstacles to work around & the more personalities to match. Our 6th family member has to fit into this crazy puzzle & there are already 5 other pieces. We are being patient & knowing that our child is out there, somewhere. When the time is right, and everything is perfect, they will come home!!

No comments: