Thursday, December 19, 2013

One year!!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the girl's adoptions! I remember us white knuckling it to that day swearing we would NEVER do it again. The stress, appointments, not knowing & tears were exhausting. As a family we were so tired & worn out from the 11 months from their placement until adoption day. But a year later we have settled into a "normal" life & those days are fading away. I would love to adopt again one day, another boy. I think it's much like child birth, you forget the pain & suffering, God gives you that power. Slowly I feel that power of forgetting creep into our lives. I'm grateful for it in many ways but I also hate it. I kinda wish I still remembered what that struggle was like when it was fresh, it would make some upcoming decisions so much easier. But, the reality is I mainly remember the good things. That day last year when we were all done & it was over. That relief & the days that have followed that have been filled with laughter, fun, games, giggling & tons of amazing memories. We have 3 amazing kids & though I know we worked so hard for it, it all seems so easy!
We took the kids for frozen yogurt to celebrate the girls gotcha day!

No comments: